Kopete runner now in kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 19:09:44 BST 2009

On September 23, 2009, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Kopete's DBus interface could be improved to expose more
> information (individual accounts, buddies in a metacontact,
> screenname, etc.), but with what is available, this is all that
> is possible.

the problem with this approach is that all the contacts information is then
duplicated inside of krunner all the time and krunner will keep waking up
whenever kopete does to sync this data.

until kopete's interface allows querying, the data should loaded (and updates
started) only when the prepare() signal is emitted and it should be unloaded
when teardown() is called.

this will also address the issue of krunner starting before kopete.

p.s. kdereview/plasma/runners/ is the usual place we put runners for review,
but no big deal :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se