inclusion of MathematiK into kde-edu

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:51:45 BST 2009

On Tuesday 22 September 2009 19:11:20 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 22, 2009, Alexander Rieder wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 September 2009 03:35:04 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > have you discussed this with the KDE Edu team? they would be the ones
> > > with the most relevant feedback for an app headed for the KDE Edu
> > > module.
> >
> > I've done that, and was referred to this list by annma for the review.
> > See [1] for the whole discussion.
> >
> > Alexander
> >
> > [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-edu&m=125081194907862&w=2
>
> great; i didn't want to wade in before the appropriate module team did.
>  glad to see that the discussion has gone well there. it will be great to
>  see this application shipping soon :)
>
> that said, where it ends up landing is an interesting question: kdeedu or
> extragear/edu? this depends on the audience scope of Cantor (a great name,
> imho :) and that of kdeedu itself. if Cantor is not of general use/interest
>  or fit with the scheme of the current kdeedu (which seems aimed towards
>  general education and/or a younger audience) then it may well be better in
>  extragear (as both Kevin Krammer and Hanse Meine have pointed out as well)
Well the naming discussion didn't really and anywhere. There were some
problems with Cantor, as it means "singer" in some languages (I'm not sure how
much trouble this would cause)

As for the audience, I'm targetting at High-School students and higher. (The
project was created to fullfilll my needs as a student of "mathematics in
science and technology", and will probably grow with my needs)

Regards,

Alexander