KNotificationItem specification - first draft

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 18:43:15 BST 2009

On September 17, 2009, Michael Pyne wrote:
>  There was a question as to whether it would be possible to query
>  for the position of the system tray icon for applications that want to
>  create popups near the system tray.

you can create popups near the entries already with showMessage.

in future, i'd like to see us integrate KNotifications with KNotificationItems
that come from the same application. that's still an open task, however.

> before a signal is ever generated by the user

the signals originate from user interaction (or other similar visualization-
side events). without an event (which gives us location information) there is
nothing really to pass on to the application in a way that won't break in at
least some use cases.

>  in the event of a complex tooltip

what sort of complex tooltip?

> t I can certainly workaround it in the application

if you can provide use cases, we can work on solutions.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se