kdelibs (tests) doesn't build against qt 4.6.0-tp1

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 16 18:16:07 BST 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Quarta-feira 16. Setembro 2009, às 18.20.01, Matthew Woehlke escreveu:
>> Please quit naming the "latest" branch by version, and name it something
>> like 'kde-latest-recommended', or even 'master', so that a year from now
>> when KDE trunk moves to 4.7, we don't again have to make everyone change
>> branches by hand.
>
> Thanks, but no thanks.
>
> You have to change branches because... it's a different branch.

...which is a significant step backwards from qt-copy.

Before, when KDE switched to a new Qt version, qt-copy got updated, and
so long as you're paying attention, you see that it updates and know to
rebuild.

Now, there has to be an official announcement and everyone has to
manually switch branches. And people that don't follow the lists closely
are going to have broken builds because they don't know to update.

You'll excuse me if I fail to see how this is an improvement.

--
Matthew
I don't see what C++ has to do with keeping people from shooting