kdelibs (tests) doesn't build against qt 4.6.0-tp1

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 16 17:20:01 BST 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Terça-feira 15. Setembro 2009, às 17.46.34, Matthew Woehlke escreveu:
>> I'd like to reiterate my request to create a sensible branch to track
>> "latest recommended for KDE trunk" and not have this mess of constantly
>> having to switch tags.
>
> The latest recommended is 4.5.2-patched in kde-qt.

...which means everyone will have to switch branches when trunk moves to
4.6-ish.

Please quit naming the "latest" branch by version, and name it something
like 'kde-latest-recommended', or even 'master', so that a year from now
when KDE trunk moves to 4.7, we don't again have to make everyone change
branches by hand.

> If you want to track 4.6 and help along, the branch is called "4.6-stable" and
> is in qt.git.

Would I guess right that '4.6-stable' is better tested and (maybe) less
frequently updated than '4.6'? :-)

(Whee! Git is *awesome*, despite that they are "different repositories",
I was able to reconfigure remotes so that I now have both 'kde-qt' /and/
regular 'qt'... in one local repository, without object duplication. Rock.)

--
Matthew
I don't see what C++ has to do with keeping people from shooting