Choosing the qt tree to file merge requests

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sat Sep 12 17:46:08 BST 2009

On Saturday 12 September 2009 18:17:38 you wrote:
> Em Sábado 12. Setembro 2009, às 18.10.51, Michael Jansen escreveu:

> > > Tag v4.6.0-tp1 pushed to kde-qt.git.
> > >
> > > It's exactly the same as the one in qt.git, as was to be expected.
> > >
> > > We won't need a branch until someone has patches to submit. At this
> > > point, patches should be submitted to qt.git and reviewed by trolls.
> >
> > Given the response time i experience there for pretty trivial fixes this
> > is probably the correct way, but not a promising one.
>
> Better the correct but slow than the incorrect one.
>
> We're doing what we can to expedite patches.
>
> And know that trivial fixes are often the ones that break stuff. So, when
> submitting a patch to Qt, include a new unit test and make sure the rest of
> the testcase is passing.

Anything else?

http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/693

Small commits. With unit tests. Second try. All in all about 4 month till this
mini patch get's in. And it won't get much easier.

Sorry. As long as the patch list on gitorious looks like it currently does i
think your plan to open up is a failure. You lost me and some others.

Mike