Choosing the qt tree to file merge requests

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Sep 12 17:17:38 BST 2009

Em Sábado 12. Setembro 2009, às 18.10.51, Michael Jansen escreveu:
> On Saturday 12 September 2009 17:12:14 you wrote:

> > > i would personally appreciate this. it will give us more time to get Qt
> > > 4.6 testing done and we already have some patches waiting for Qt 4.6 to
> > > land, at least one of which fixes a bug in trunk.

> > > i think it probably makes sense to keep kde-qt sync'd to tagged
> > > milestones rather than track the day-to-day bleeding edge. people who
> > > want that can get it easily enough. :)
> >
> > Tag v4.6.0-tp1 pushed to kde-qt.git.
> >
> > It's exactly the same as the one in qt.git, as was to be expected.
> >
> > We won't need a branch until someone has patches to submit. At this
> > point, patches should be submitted to qt.git and reviewed by trolls.
>
> Given the response time i experience there for pretty trivial fixes this is
> probably the correct way, but not a promising one.

Better the correct but slow than the incorrect one.

We're doing what we can to expedite patches.

And know that trivial fixes are often the ones that break stuff. So, when
submitting a patch to Qt, include a new unit test and make sure the rest of
the testcase is passing.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009