Choosing the qt tree to file merge requests

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 02:15:47 BST 2009

Hi there,

I've been talking to the KDE-FreeBSD team about pushing their
OS-specific patches upstream whenever possible. Today, the first merge
request has been filed agains kde-qt/4.5.2-patched, but I'm not sure
this is the right branch for that.

There's been some discussion about making KDE 4.4 depend on Qt 4.6,
but I didn't see any consensus. My question is whether these patches
should be filed against kde-qt or qt and against which branch (does it
still make sense to request a merge against 4.5 or 4.5.2)?

Cheers.