Nitrogen/Oxygen merging ?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 10 17:44:02 BST 2009

Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>> And did I mention the colored part of the border should be less of the
>> total border? :-)
> Well, I must be slow ...
> For ozone, everything was blue (title bar sides and bottom).

True, but ozone was... aesthetically challenged. We can do better :-).

(On an unrelated note, I kind of wish you - and everyone else - would
stop saying "blue". That's like saying VisitedText is purple. Both
statements are only true for the /default/ color palette. "Decoration
colored" would be better. In White Peach, for example, Active Titlebar
is brown :-).)

> I kept the sides all blue (4px) when using default border, and kept the
> same width for top and bottom, leaving the rest "window-color" except
> for the title tab. One can darken, or make shadow like one pixel on such
> 4px sides, for all border sizes >= normal, but what else ?

What I have right now is the 2px colored borders with the colored
caption. I can see *maybe* a third px, but I prefer that to the whole
edge colored. (I also think that has a better shot of approval as default.)

Also...
>> And is it me or has this made the title bar taller?
> Yes it is. The title bar is total 4 pixels taller (2 above and 2 below,
> for symetry), otherwise the 4pixel wide outline collides with the buttons.
>
>> It would be best to avoid doing that if possible.
>
> Unless by making the outline border thiner, I don't see how. Now of
> course everything could be different with your sunken pattern.

...IMO another excellent reason to keep the smaller outline ;-).

> For Large borders and above, the colored side _is_ less than the total
> border.

Okay, maybe it just needs the edge then.

> But maybe a screenshot or mockup (I'm slow with Ascii too) would make me
> think faster !

I'm going to be playing with it anyway, will post a screen shot when it
is more complete :-).

--
Matthew
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no