Nitrogen/Oxygen merging ?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 9 16:40:51 BST 2009

Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Monday 07 September 2009, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
>>
>>> A Segunda, 7 de Setembro de 2009 20:01:04 Hugo Pereira Da Costa vocĂȘ

>>> just one note, that blue thing around is the optional look and not the
>>> default, in case any one is wondering :)
>>>

>> It doesn't matter, but anyway, here my 2 cents: I think the colored
>> border as it is looks strange. Everything else has some kind of
>> 3D-look, i.e. shadows etc., and this border is just plain changes the
>> background color from gray to blue.
>>

>> I think if the blue border would join with a sunken line to the gray
>> background (the same way the window decoration icons are separated
>> from the gray background) it would look more natural.
>>

> Hi Alexander,
> So ... the top border has a (tiny) shadow. Right ? So you are mostly
> referring to the sides and bottom border. Do you ? Or do you also think
> the top border shadow being too light ?

IMO the top border looks okay, the sides and bottom need borders also or
else you have something... curious going on as far as what heights you
are communicating.

And did I mention the colored part of the border should be less of the
total border? :-)

(Did you see [1] yet?)

1: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/60452

--
Matthew
EPUN: program terminated due to egregious wordplay