Merging KAuth into KDELibs

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Sep 5 14:30:49 BST 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 02:52:05PM +0200, Dario Freddi wrote:
> In data sabato 05 settembre 2009 14:36:47, Oswald Buddenhagen ha
> scritto:
> > and on a general note, i *urge* you to think through the issues of
> > integrating with existing related technologies *before* you push
> > this stuff.
>
> Also, what issue did I not think through?

dunno. you dismissed KAuthorized as "unmaintained" without further
comment. if that isn't a reason for concern, then i don't know what is.

> If you looked into the code, you would have realized that KAuth lies
> in a separate namespace, so it's quite unlikely to have stuff
> conflicting with KAuthorized, which has a completely different scope
> and functionality.

have you considered that this is exactly the problem? i can see only two
very similar names (which is just plain bad api), or thought should be
put into integrating the two (i know that the underlying technologies
are different, but if it's still just the same thing at two different
layers, then a common api abstraction might make sense).