PolicyKit + KDE

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 2 22:05:47 BST 2009

On 02.09.09 21:52:52, John Tapsell wrote:
> I wanted to make a quick point in defense of PolicyKit, given a few
> people speaking against it...
>
> Even though I'm making a small 'complaint' about PolicyKit (and I'm
> not even 100% convinced it is a real problem), I want to say that in
> general PolicyKit is a huge step forward.

So far I don't think anybody expressed that PolKit is a step in the wrong
direction. At least I know I didn't (intend to say that). The fact that I
think its way of handling its config files is broken, doesn't mean it needs
to be dropped. It should just be fixed.

I'm 100% with you, Dario, Nicola and everybody else pushing Polkit, what I
know from it it'll certainly make things a lot easier (I'm actually looking
forward to fixing KDevelop's make-install-as-root and run-as-root options
with it).

Andreas

--
You are fighting for survival in your own sweet and gentle way.