situation with window decorations

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo.pereira at free.fr
Wed Sep 2 01:56:09 BST 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> On August 27, 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> The UI definitely needs work. Oh, and for button style, it should be
>>> "sunken" (<- "default"), "flush" (<- "KDE 4.2") and "raised" (as in KDE
>>> 4.1)... I want my original buttons back :-).
>>
>> isn't this why we have the ability to have different window
>> decorations? in any case, please think very carefully about whether
>> such fine grained changes matter. i would humbly submit that the
>> visual difference between sunken and flush, at least as currently
>> implemented, is really not worth an option.
>>
>> pick a way and go for it :)

> If you're going to have it configurable, why /not/ raised? But I can
> also live with dropping the configuration entirely. I just feel "if
> it's configurable anyway..."
I agree. One should leave that kind of things to aurorae. (it is much
easier to put as many different button style there, while
oxygen/nitrogen is all hard coded. This is not maintainable on the long
term).

In fact, I think 'almost' everybody agrees with that. Next commit to
Nitrogen will probably have this option gone.
(unless strong objections).