PolicyKit + KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 2 08:09:41 BST 2009

Em Quarta-feira 2. Setembro 2009, às 09.01.27, John Tapsell escreveu:
> 2009/9/2 Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:
> > Em Quarta-feira 2. Setembro 2009, às 02.09.15, Matthew Woehlke escreveu:
> >> That said, I guess I don't understand how PK works that this is even
> >> needed. If PK says "user may edit <certain things>", why does it matter
> >> if the user does that via package from packaged KDE, /bin/vi, or some
> >> cobbled-together C program they just compiled? Since you are talking
> >> about installing policy files I must guess that this is not how PK
> >> works?
> >
> > Please note that the problem isn't PolicyKit.
>
> But it is about PolicyKit - KSysGuard uses policykit to kill processes
> etc, and so has to install those files.

You forgot to add that it asks policykit to kill processes because ksysguard's
process lister is being run under a different UID now.

Why doesn't the user front-end kill user processes?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009