kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:07:55 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Dawit A. wrote:

> > > That is exactly the kind of thing KWebPage is actually designed to
> > > solve. You use it in place of its Qt counter part to get all of the KDE
> > > integration for free...
> >
> > yes but in plasma we need a *graphics*widget, not a widget. are you going
> >  to provide that?
>
> Well if you mean are we going to provide a KDE re-implementaion of
> QGraphicsWebView, then there is no plan to do that at this point.

nope, because we can't use a QWidget at all, too overhead for a thing like
that

> Having said that simply doing what Aaron suggested above, setting KWebPage
>  on the QGraphicsWebView, you get 99.9% of the KDE integration. Besides

that would be rocking! what we need is in fact a subclass of a QWebPage, at
the moment we purely use a qwebpage to paint, we will probably switch to
qgraphicswebview, but i suppose one can just feed a KWebPage to it.

--
Marco Martin