kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 02:37:07 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 22:02:10 Chani wrote:
> > > i ask because there is now a QGraphicsWebView included with QtWebkit
> > > which Plasma eventually will be using instead of our own
> > > QWebPage-behind-a- QGraphicsWidget implementation that we currently
> > > use; being able to set the KWebPage on a QGraphicsWebView and get
> > > everything, including KWallet integration, would be optimal.
> >
> > That is exactly the kind of thing KWebPage is actually designed to solve.
> >  You use it in place of its Qt counter part to get all of the KDE
> >  integration for free...
>
> yes but in plasma we need a *graphics*widget, not a widget. are you going
>  to provide that?

Well if you mean are we going to provide a KDE re-implementaion of
QGraphicsWebView, then there is no plan to do that at this point.

Having said that simply doing what Aaron suggested above, setting KWebPage on
the QGraphicsWebView, you get 99.9% of the KDE integration. Besides
convenience, there are only a couple of additional features in KWebView and I
am sure someone can easily add a QGraphicsWebView re-implementation that
mimics KWebView's functionality to kdewebkit if needed...