kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 07:34:24 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 03:03:32 Anders Lund wrote:
> Dawit A. skrev:
> > There is a big difference between providing integration with KDE
> >  technologies  such as KIO and a single KDE application, namely
> > Konqueror. It is easy for people, including KDE developers, to simply
> > confuse KDE wide configuration as being Konqueror specific because
> > frankly that is probably the only place where they encountered these
> > options. Things like the cookiejar and user-agent configurations come to
> > mind. Anyhow, kdewebkit does not and will not depend on any settings that
> > are specific to a single application.
>
> Personally I would love for apps using khtml to respect ua settings, ad
> filters, cookie settings etc made from within konqueror (akregator for
> example). Similarly with kdewebkit if that is to replace khtml in
> applications.
>
> Sharing that sort of configurations is an obvious must!
>
> Anders

Again... with the exception of ad filtering, nothing you mentioned above is
either khtml or konqueror specific! That was the point I was making above...

These settings are KIO specific settings. That means all applications that use
KIO share them by default. They can override them, but by default they are
shared by all. That is the beauty or the beast of KIO depending on your point
of view.