Nepomuk as hard dependency in future?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 15:30:40 BST 2009

On Saturday 17 October 2009 6:19:58 am Peter Penz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently Nepomuk is an optional dependency.

I asked the same question about Soprano a couple months ago.

The summary of that thread was basically: not until virtuoso is ready.
Quoting Richard Dale "Until we have a reliable version of OpenLink Virtuoso that has
its packaging and SPARQL problems fixed, I don't think we should make Soprano
a hard dependency."

We cannot make nepomuk in kdelibs a hard dependency until we also make Soprano
a hard dependency.