Version mismatch when building trunk

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 10:34:13 BST 2009

On 17.10.09 03:30:41, Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Friday 16 October 2009 21:02:05 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > [...] keeping Qt
> > up-to-date is a simple git pull (assuming you've initially switched to
> > the currently-needed branch, i.e. 4.6-patched right now). Thats the
> > equivalent of svn up in qt-copy.
>
> The big difference is that this will not work when I made changes there.
> "svn up" always works, and when a conflict is detected, I can use "full diff"
> and decide to drop my changes.
>
> Making changes requires me to set up my own branch, and then the mess
> starts... No fun.

Technically you don't. See git stash. However if you really want to
change Qt then yes, you need to be able to handle branches. Thats just
the way development works with Qt (in fact it would work the same or
very similar in KDE if branches in svn wouldn't be so
expensive/slow/cumbersome).

However most of the people complaining here don't even want that, all
they want is being able to build the "kde-suggested Qt" along with their
KDE trunk.

Andreas

--
You attempt things that you do not even plan because of your extreme stupidity.