Version mismatch when building trunk

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Oct 15 18:31:06 BST 2009

On Thursday, 2009-10-15, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 09:33:24AM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Hi folks,
>
> Hej Kevin,
>
> > Somehow whoever changed the requirements for kdelibs forgot to update Qt
> > in kde-qt (which as I understand it serves the same purpse qt-copy had
> > prior to Qt's switch to gitorious).
> > It still seems to be 4.5.2 or maybe I am doing something wrong when
> > pulling updates?
>
> You have to do a
>   git checkout origin/4.6-stable-patched
> to switch to the 4.6 branch.

Ah, good to know that there is a work around in case the problem isn't fixed
until the next time I have a couple of hours available for KDE hacking.

It is still kind of annoying that updating the Qt branch used for KDE
development and change of requirements weren't coordinated better.

I would have expected that kde-qt had been updated *prior* to increasing the
minimum required version of KDE's build system files.

Maybe the person doing the increment is using the 4.6 branch and didn't know
that the branch recommended for KDE development hadn't been updated yet?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring