RFC: System Settings categorisation overhaul

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 13:56:55 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 07:50:56PM +1300, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> We would appreciate everyone's comments on this.
>>
> renaming "virtual desktops" into "multiple desktops" is a bad idea. for
> one, it can be confused with "multiple monitors", for two it is a
> long-established and rather descriptive name. i also wonder how that
> will relate to the setup of plasma activities which are supposed to be
> optionally integrated with virtual desktops.

Just a small comment here.. we didn't change that name
"Multiple Desktops" is being used since 4.2 and probably before that too:

http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/kcmkwin/kwindesktop/desktop.desktop?v=4.2-branch
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/kcmkwin/kwindesktop/desktop.desktop?v=4.3-branch
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/kcmkwin/kwindesktop/desktop.desktop

Regards