Minimal kdelibs on embedded platforms

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 22:37:52 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Right now, the subset of 6 libraries from kdelibs we are using have a
> footprint of a little over 10 MB.  We were told that this was far too much
>  and  that we had to shrink it down a lot.

libQtCore + libQtGui is bigger than libkdecore+libkdeui, and yet
kdelibs is under fire but not Qt? I'm confused.

Benjamin wrote:
> Last I checked (long ago) kdelibs required the qt3compat library.

It's called qt3support ;-) and in kdelibs, only kde3support requires it.
I'm all in favour of more porting away (of kdebase and other modules)
from kde3support/qt3support (see bug 201617), but I'm not sure this will be
enough to solve the problem at hand.