Hard freeze exception request... (KIO::AccessManager)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Nov 28 00:39:05 GMT 2009

I would like to apply the attached patch to KIO::AccessManager inspite of the
recently passed hard freeze deadline.

The patch adds a couple of convinence functions for setting/getting KDE
cookiejar's window id and a couple more for accessing/setting the request and
session KIO meta-data. This way anyone re-implementing KIO::AccessManager to
perform things like request filtering (e.g. ad blockers) would not be burdened
with having to re-implement all the functionality that currently exists in a
private re-implementation of this class in kdelibs/kdewebkit. It also makes
the private re-implementation class kdelibs/kdewebkit/networkaccessmanager_p.*
and the awkwardly placed pure virtual function (authorizedRequest) in kwebpage
unnecessary.

Additionally the patch also changes the behavior of KIO::AccessManager so that
its cookiejar support is by default changed to use KDE's cookiejar. I am not
entirely sure whether or not such change violates BC since it is a change from
current behavior. However, it does not make sense for a KDE integration class
not to use available KDE facilities by default.

Even if the above behavior change is not allowed, I would like to commit
everything else.

Thanks.