polkit-kde also in kdereview

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 11:36:05 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 12:25:00 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 26 November 2009 14:23:26 Radek Novacek wrote:
> > I've already send an email to this list early this week about moving
> >  polkit- qt-1 to the kdereview. I also moved the Authentication agent to
> >  the kdereview. It was called PolicyKit-kde, but we decide to rename it
> > to polkit-kde to be more consistent with upstream polkit and polkit-gnome
> > naming.
>
> I'm a bit in the dark where this fits in? Is it required for KAuth? Is it
> supplementary, orthogonal?

It's required for KAuth that's running on system with Policy Kit 1 (for
example Fedora 12). KAuth uses it in backend - there are currently two
PolicyKit backends - one for old PolicyKit Qt (0.9) and another one for new
one (currently 0.95, soon becoming 1.0).

Polkit-qt-1 is also needed for PolicyKit KDE authentication agent (polkit-kde)
- that's needed for KAuth when using PolicyKit as backend. Currently there's
no KCM module to manage policies as even there's no Gnome one and they don't
want it. As it was quite used in KDE, we'd like to port it too soon.

Jaroslav
---
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275