polkit-kde also in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Nov 27 17:21:39 GMT 2009

A Divendres, 27 de novembre de 2009, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Am Freitag, 27. novembre 2009 08:32:00 schrieb Radek Novacek:
> > It was oversight, thanks for the note, fixed in svn.
> >
> > Radek Novacek

> > > polkit- qt-1 has some tr() calls, but no Message extraction.
> > > Intended or oversight?
>
> I have changed your Messages.sh for two reasons:
> * $XGETTEXT does not catch tr() calls, use $XGETTEXT_QT for that
> * the catalogname needs a trailing "_qt" to indicate our translation teams,
> that they have to avoid using the powerfull kde i18n system.
>
> I don't find a call loading a translation catalog  polkit-qt-1 or polkit-
> qt-1_pt in the code.

I think it would be easier if you just use enums for the errors and the actual
translation happens in the kde side, so you can just use i18n and regular KDE
way of loading translations. Also you are using tr on qWarnings that is for
sure not needed :D

> polkit-kde/
> Messages.sh extracts to the catalog polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1,
> but polkit-kde/manager/main.cpp has:
> KAboutData aboutData("policykit1-kde", "", ki18n("PolicyKit1-KDE"),
>  "0.1",... which means i tries to load the not existing catalog
>  "policykit1-kde" -> it is untranslated.
>
> Three possible fixes:
>
> 1) use aboutData("polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1", "",...
> and change the code accordingly
>
> 2) use aboutData("policykit1-kde", "polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1",...
>
> 2) rename the target in the Messages.sh to "policykit1-kde" and all exiting
> translations as well (you need a full l10n-kde4 checkout for that).

Or you can tell us and we do the move.

Albert