Review Request: Reduce the warnings about unused parameters

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Nov 21 09:35:30 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009 10:11:56 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 21.11.09 09:58:05, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Em Sábado 21. Novembro 2009, às 02.58.53, Raphael Kubo da Costa escreveu:
> > > To avoid "-pedantic" commits, it's better to remove the trailing ";" as
> > > the Q_UNUSED macro already adds it.
> >
> > I've never seen the compiler complain about extra semicolons in code.
>
> Try running with -pedantic and see for yourself. It specifically
> complains about such semicolons after macro's that include an
> "end-semicolon". It also complains about additional comma in enums and
> other things. As the switch says, its really pedantic :)

Sun Studio is similarly pedantic, but you can't turn that off. For Qt creator I
submitted one or two semicolons-patches that were accepted. As usual it's not
obvious how to find these regularly (except maybe through broader use of the
nightly builds on different platforms) because we don't want to drown in
warnings and trivial changes.

[ade]