[Sebastian, Will, Alexander] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 20:37:04 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> How about we just put the check for the trig parser in FindNepomuk.cmake?

You have to tell, I don't know.
Is nepomuk usable for development if the trig parser is not present ?
(it's not for some parts of KDE, but maybe for other things it's ok).

If in general it is also usable without the trig parser, we have three
options.

1) check afterwards whether the trig parser has been found (as is done now in
kdebase)
find_package(Nepomuk REQUIRED)
if (NOT NEPOMUK_TRIG_PARSER)
   message(FATAL_ERROR "Trig parser not found")
endif (NOT NEPOMUK_TRIG_PARSER)

2) Add support for the COMPONENTS keyword in FindNepomuk.cmake, and fail if
REQUIRED is given and the component "trig" is specified but has not been
found:
find_package(Nepomuk REQUIRED COMPONENTS trig)

3) Add a variable which is evaluated by FindNepomuk.cmake:
set(NEPOMUK_NEED_TRIG TRUE)
find_package(Nepomuk REQUIRED)

I think 2) is the nicest solution, I can help with it (but not before Sunday).

If Nepomuk is in general not usable for development without the trig parser,
we can make it fail in all cases if it has not been found.

Alex