Renaming configuration files

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Nov 16 10:35:40 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 of November 2009, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval (kolmapäev 11 november 2009) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
> >  You can use Script= in the .upd file and let the script do whatever
> > needs to be done. KConf_update should still handle things like checking
> > whether the update needs to be done (but better check). See e.g. in
> > kwin/data/.
>
> I was under impression that the script is basically executed like this:
>   cat old_file | script > new_file
> where old_file and new_file are specified in the .upd file and are fixed.
> Or do you mean that I should just write to an arbitrary file in the script
> and then output nothing?

 I don't remember all the details, you'd have to check the (somewhat hard to
follow) source, but as I said, have a look at kwin's upd scripts, they do
this.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz