Locking toolbars by default

Shaun Reich predator106 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:17:54 GMT 2009

Great, I like it.

While we are on this topic, I have a few other things that I'd like to
have addressed..

I think, however, that it needs to be changed from a checkbox action,
to a regular action. I don't think it makes much sense in it's current
state:

"[X] Unlock Toolbar Positions"

and

"[  ] Lock Toolbar Positions"

Note that this wasn't changed with the current discussion result, as
it's always been a checkbox action, but I think that it seems kind of
redundant to show the status also, as the action is already saying
(implicitly) what the status is. I feel it should just be made a
regular action.

Another nitpick that I noticed, (this is the only one in the patch),
it is pertaining to "Toolbars Shown => {list}".

Is there someone other than me that thinks it should be renamed to
"Visible Toolbars => {list}"?

It seems to me like the former seems like it could be an action or
not, whereas with the latter, it is clear that it's only a drop-down
menu for showing the toolbars that can be seen.

Last issue, but this is more like hijacking, it does not affect me
directly, but it's always bugged me, to think that users could be
having this happen. Right click on the toolbar area, then mouse over
"Icon Size", select "Default".

Do you see how large the icons become? You will notice that selecting
the "Huge" option yields no change (is equivalent in size), thus the
default is the same, and is 48x48 pixels.

Does that seem a little large of a default to anyone else? Seems a bit
big to me, if it takes up 1/6 of the screen. Or is this truly a sane
default, and people like that? I feel that "Large (32x32 px)" is a
better default. But perhaps you guys have some good insight on this.

--
KDE Developer,
Shaun Reich