Renaming configuration files

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 11 09:37:14 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 of November 2009, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to rename a configuration file. Usually it should be doable with
> kconf_update, but I need the new name to include the computer's current
> hostname. And as far as I can see, kconf_update doesn't let me have e.g. an
> expression as the new filename.
> So, any ideas on how to do this, preferably with kconf_update so that it
> wouldn't be necessary to put this logic into the application code?

 You can use Script= in the .upd file and let the script do whatever needs to
be done. KConf_update should still handle things like checking whether the
update needs to be done (but better check). See e.g. in kwin/data/.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz