chess and barcelona

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 10 12:02:50 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009 20:09:21 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Sure, but I think that's up to Nokia (not even the maemo community, afaik).
> So if Nokia decides to trust KDE by introducing our software in their
>  systems KDE will be able to get involved into maemo. Until that happens
>  it's just about choosing who to hack for. I'm not sure what you mean by
>  push KDE into maemo since I think it's been working there for some time
>  already, never tried that though.

I don't think Nokia needs to decide to trust KDE into their systems, it's the user
who does that by installing KDE software he finds attractive, made available through
repositories. This is how Linux distributions, and also Maemo works, and this "you
can install whatever you deem right" is one very interesting aspect of the Maemo
platform (and quite different from other mobile platforms, such as the iPhone).

If you want to make it part of the default installation, that's a different thing
altogether, and indeed in Nokia's hands. To get there, you will have to go through
community-support and show that your stuff is worthwhile and has users.

Those things don't happen just by itself.
--
sebas