chess and barcelona

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:31:53 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009, Aleix Pol wrote:

> Sure, but I think that's up to Nokia (not even the maemo community, afaik).
> So if Nokia decides to trust KDE by introducing our software in their
> systems KDE will be able to get involved into maemo. Until that happens
>  it's just about choosing who to hack for.
> I'm not sure what you mean by push KDE into maemo since I think it's been
> working there for some time already, never tried that though.
>
> Aleix

of course is up to nokia to decide what to use and up to the individual
developers to decide what to hack, what i was saying is more a thing of
promotion.
showing it that's valuable is not just making it compile and start, but making
it compelling, the koffice viewer is a really beautiful example of it.
i don't see it as something that "steals" development to KDE to the pure
benefit of Nokia, is more dedicating attention to devices that aren't the
desktop, something that i believe is a big target for the future.
being pretty on mobile devices wouldn't benefit only maemo, but every
distribution that will target small stuff, so benefit KDE in the end

Cheers,
Marco Martin