Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 6 15:41:56 GMT 2009

On 06.11.09 12:27:23, Darío Andrés wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Thanks for the extensive information, indeed the KDE4.4 dialog sounds
> >> like a major improvement already. The only suggestion I have from my
> >> experience with KDevelop is that one could disable submitting a report
> >> via Dr. Konqi to bugzilla if there's a duplicate found. However I do see
> >> your point there that the user alone might not identify the situation
> >> correctly.
> >>
> >> Ok, I guess I'll just try to live with what we get right now and hope
> >> that distributions will ship the new KDevelop beta really soon so the
> >> reports I've closed recently stop..
> >
> > Given the amount of duplicated crash reports in this week I'm changing my
> > mind. I'm going to disable the crashhandler from Dr. Konqi in KDevelop, its
> > simply too much spam coming in to be able to handle this.
> >

> Mh, I remembered something, in KDE4.3 DrKonqi doesn't work properly
> with an empty bug address. (implemented in 4.4)
> Call KAboutData->setBugAddress("http://bugs.kde.org/");    (as DrKonqi
> only recognizes "submit at bugs.kde.org" to enable the crash reporting
> process for BKO). This way the users would still know where to report
> issues, but they are going to do it manually... (assistant disabled)

Thats not what I had in mind. I was more thinking into the direction of
installing my own signal handler (which would overwrite dr. konqi's) and
then simply let it crash as it always did. (hopefully re-using the code for
the no-crashhandler commandline swicht).

Andreas

--
You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.