Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:27:23 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 02.11.09 23:43:57, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 02.11.09 19:01:07, Darío Andrés wrote:
>> > On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > May be I forgot some other suggestion...
>> >
>> > If you have any other idea in order to improve the process and reduce
>> > our work, please tell us :)
>>
>> Thanks for the extensive information, indeed the KDE4.4 dialog sounds
>> like a major improvement already. The only suggestion I have from my
>> experience with KDevelop is that one could disable submitting a report
>> via Dr. Konqi to bugzilla if there's a duplicate found. However I do see
>> your point there that the user alone might not identify the situation
>> correctly.
>>
>> Ok, I guess I'll just try to live with what we get right now and hope
>> that distributions will ship the new KDevelop beta really soon so the
>> reports I've closed recently stop..
>
> Given the amount of duplicated crash reports in this week I'm changing my
> mind. I'm going to disable the crashhandler from Dr. Konqi in KDevelop, its
> simply too much spam coming in to be able to handle this.

Mh, I remembered something, in KDE4.3 DrKonqi doesn't work properly
with an empty bug address. (implemented in 4.4)
Call KAboutData->setBugAddress("http://bugs.kde.org/");    (as DrKonqi
only recognizes "submit at bugs.kde.org" to enable the crash reporting
process for BKO). This way the users would still know where to report
issues, but they are going to do it manually... (assistant disabled)

Regards