Rocs moved to kdereview.

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Nov 4 09:23:15 GMT 2009

Tomaz, here is the first round of problems, brace yourself!

1)
> When compiling i got
>
> rocs/src/GraphicsItem/NodeItem.h:115: Warning: Class NodeItem implements
>  the interface QGraphicsItem but does not list it in Q_INTERFACES.
>  qobject_cast to QGraphicsItem will not work!
>
> This is probably worth fixing

2)
> And more important the code is missing some i18n() calls, some examples
>  (grep for them):
>   _graph->addNode("Untitled"); <-- Not sure if it's needed
>   QString("Column %1")
>   QString("Row %1")
>   QString("Untitled%1")
>   _document->addGraph("Untitled"); <-- Not sure if it's needed
>   "Align on the base" & friends
>   "New Graph"
>   "Add"
>   "Untitled" + QString("%1") <-- That's bad because it concatenates strings
I fixed some but am not sure about them and others like
./src/Core/graphDocument.h:    Graph *addGraph(QString name = "untitled");
./src/Core/graph.h:    Node* node(const QString& name = "Untitled");

Tomaz, run it in Portuguese to see about translated strings.

Also, what about the "untitled" in Scripts? won't translated "untitled" break
this (in GrapghToy.graf)?

I fixed typos and translated Portuguese debug messages to En.

3)
> The tool behaviour is a bit weird, i'd prefer that the toolbar buttons to
> remain pressed to show that if i press "Add Node" i'll be adding nodes
>  until i press another button. Also probably it would make sense changing
>  the cursor to indicate the current mode we are in.
Yes, we started to look into it at Latinoware. This must be fixed.

4) Examples are needed (also implement KNewStuff upload and download?)

5) Segfault when Cancelling an Open Graph (gdb gave no backtrace)
File -> Graph -> Open Graph then Cancel in the dialog
Christoph reported a crash as well (213003)

6) Albert (or anyone else ;): what do you think about the File menu with the
submenus Graph and Script? Shouldn't Graph and Script be menus on their own?

7) The QWhatsThis need to be done
<whatsthis>long explanation needed. </whatsthis> cannot stay as it is, wastes
translators time and brings nothing to users.

8) Right click mouse events: in Add Node mode for example, I expect left click
to add a node and right click to edit properties. Both add a node.
Properties dialog is weird to find (you need to be in Select mode...)

In this Properties dialog: we need to ask usability people about the
(label)Show: (button)Name (button)Value
which I also find very weird and not consistent with KDE. Christoph also noted
that.

9) See Christoph mail for other bugs!

Any usability reader please help on the design :)

Anne-Marie