Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Nov 3 21:14:15 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > To get the Gtk+ integration Qt dynamically link against Gtk+ itself.  It
> > cannot do that with KDE because kdelbis are in C++ (name mangling)
> > and they depends on Qt (circular dependence)
>
> Couldn't we provide an external "C" function in kdelibs which returns an
> object of whatever class you use for getting the platform stuff.

Shouldn't be necessary, name-mangling is deterministic and well-defined. I am
also not sure how the circular dependency would be a problem. The existing Qt
plugins also depend on Qt libraries, these are resolved when linked to the
already loaded library (the one loading them).

But while doing the same as Gtk+ is doable, the proposed solution still looks
cleaner.

`Allan