Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 19:11:21 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 17:55:51 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have just submitted a new plugin in kdereview:  qguiplatformplugin_kde
> >
> > The objective of this plugin is to allow pure Qt Application (not KDE
> > ones) to get better integration into KDE.
>
> How about integrating KDE widgets directly into pure Qt applications?
>
> I see that QMainWindow::menuBar(), QMainWindow::statusBar() and
> QMainWindow::addToolBar(QString) can be hacked. Maybe that plugin can
>  provide the menu/statusbar/toolbar "virtual constructors" or something.

You mean in order to create KMainWindows and KToolBars?
What would this provide to the Qt applications?
AFAICS we mostly have these for additional features, which those Qt-only apps
wouldn't use, like handling of settings (window size and toolbar positions),
movable toolbars (off by default), a more elaborate logic for finding out when
to exit the process (urgh, would lead to surprises in those Qt only apps),
etc. I think Qt-only apps would look exactly the same with just
s/QMainWindow/KMainWindow/...