Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 17:43:30 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 17:55:51 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have just submitted a new plugin in kdereview:  qguiplatformplugin_kde
>
> The objective of this plugin is to allow pure Qt Application (not KDE ones)
>  to get better integration into KDE.
How about integrating KDE widgets directly into pure Qt applications?

I see that QMainWindow::menuBar(), QMainWindow::statusBar() and
QMainWindow::addToolBar(QString) can be hacked. Maybe that plugin can provide
the menu/statusbar/toolbar "virtual constructors" or something.

I assume this might break some Qt applications in very splendid ways, but it's
an interesting ideas to test.