device-automounter moved to kdereview

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:45:28 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 09:13:52 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Tuesday 3 November 2009 09:06:23 Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> > @Kevin: I wonder if such a string (or an improvement of such a string)
> >  should be provided by solid itself... something like longDescription or
> >  detailedDescription or HumanReadableId. What do you think?
>
> Hmm, well, I somehow would have expected description() to be enough, what's
> wrong with it?
It's somehow a scoping problem
The point is that description() is good enough (maybe) to distinguish between the few devices you have connected at the moment (with the notable exception of the "volume (xxx)" repeated n times;
 whereas here what is needed is something which potentially can identify every device that you have ever connected.
That's why we should, obviously imho, add some auxiliary infos such as the parent product & vendor.