KDE is not an OS platform... (And neither is Gnome)

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:05:15 GMT 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009 21:13:11 nf2 wrote:
> > If one is already taking on such a huge tasks, why not try to design a
> > common interface?
>
> It's gonna take years, i'm afraid.

Can you please copy your statement with facts and/or past experience, please?
And is this list the right place for this discussion? I think XDG would suit
better. It does not seem to me we're talking about KDE-only topics here, and
would be nice to know what the "other side" thinks about that.

We're just talking crap at the moment, since talking about interoperability
with just one side partecipating is, well, useless.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B