KConfigIniBackend::stringToPrintable optimization patch

Mirko Boehm mirko at kdab.net
Fri May 29 09:41:38 BST 2009

Hi,

I feel like starting a flame war :-)

On May 28, 2009, at 13:02 , Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> hi,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 09:50:57AM +0700, Vyacheslav Tokarev wrote:
>> 	Please review it, and if it's ok can I commit?
>>
>> +    char* data = result.data();
>> +    char* start = data;
>>
> please use
>   char *variable = ...
It is a character pointer, that is the type of the variable. It is not
a character that happens to be pointing to something. So it should be
char* var, not char *var. The latter structure requires you to read
the whole statement, only to figure out that the first thing you
understood (char) was wrong.

I have no interest in the discussion, but I wanted to point out that
the preference to type *var; is completely incomprehensible to me.
Imagine there would be more stars. Uuuh.

Cheers,

Mirko.
--
Mirko Boehm | mirko at kdab.net | Senior Software Engineer
Germany: +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ): +46-563-540090