RFC: remove qt-copy

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Tue May 26 21:28:44 BST 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> to recap, imo:
>
> * different Qt's on different OSes is insane
>
> * if we must have a patched Qt, let's do it consistently across all OSes.
>
> * best is to just work directly with Qt upstream and stop this whole "having
> patches floating forever in qt-copy"

That might be best but as it's not always achievable I'd not rule out
different places where reality can be fixed. Qt is not 100% perfect, KDE
isn't, operating systems and packagers aren't neither. We can continue to
strive for the lack of patches but in order to real with reality we should
officially accept the need and places for patches.

Harri.