RFC: remove qt-copy

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Tue May 26 14:53:05 BST 2009

> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>>Proposal
>>-------------
>>* Use http://qt.gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt instead of
>> qt-copy
>> * Remove qt-copy from our svn repository after a
>> post-announcement grace period (so that we don't pull the rug out from
>> under people)
>
> I would prefer that git.kde.org be up and running instead, with qt-copy
> hosted there, and all KDE developers getting automatic push access to it.
> Using qt.gitorious.org will require that someone maintain the kde-
> developers group.

Also to adopt things like kde-commits mailing filters, and so on. Really,
if git conversion is as inevitable as Aaron says, wouldn't it make sense
to wait, and convert everything at once where all the available
documentation/wiki pages/whatever have been written?

Though, considering that, as Chani pointed out, scripty is needed to help
translate the strings inside Qt into KDE languages, this whole discussion
is kinda moot.