RFC: remove qt-copy

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 26 10:40:36 BST 2009

Em Terça-feira 26 Maio 2009, às 08:42:26, Chani escreveu:
> > I would prefer that git.kde.org be up and running instead, with qt-copy
> > hosted there, and all KDE developers getting automatic push access to it.
> > Using qt.gitorious.org will require that someone maintain the kde-
> > developers group.
>
> actually I'd like that to be up and running really soon if possible... who
> should I talk to?

KDE Sysadmins.

> > >It means checking out and building Qt again.
> >
> > You could make it a drop-in replacement, by dropping the .git dir and
> > removing **/.svn.
>
> so... do a bare checkout or whatever it's called, then mv it to
> qt-copy/.git, then cd qt-copy && find . -name ".svn" | xargs rm -r

No, you need checkout otherwise Git won't initialise the index (the cached
information about files that were checked out).

So:

	cd /tmp
	git clone git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git
	mv kde-qt/.git $OLDPWD
	rm -rf kde-qt
	cd -
	rm -rf **/.svn(/)

(the last command is a zsh command; for those who haven't seen the light yet,
use: find -type d -name .svn | xargs rm -rf)

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358