RFC: remove qt-copy

Ariya Hidayat ariya at kde.org
Tue May 26 01:26:11 BST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2009-05-25, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>> --nextPart5537885.rdAQ807pBK
>>
>> hi all ...
>>
>> since it's finally come up on the kde-commit list, i'd like to make a "form=
>> al"=20
>> proposal regarding qt-copy, namely:
>
> I don't know how the workflow nor the patch extraction is going to work
> with using kde-qt git repository, so there might be some things I have
> missed, and I do also not have that much git experience.
>
> but.
>
> The current way of doing things for me (in debian) is to take the
> released qt tarballs and read over the patches dir of qt-copy and
> delicately pick the ones I think is relevant and understandable (these
> factors is also influenced by commiter and names in the patch)
>
> With my current git knowledge, diffing two git branches does not give me
> the same seperated patches.
>
> So basically, how do I get a overview like:
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-copy/patches/
> at the qt gitorious site and easily browse the individual patches

Due to the way patches are stored in separated branches and then
merged into a special "Qt 4.x + patches" branch, this should be easy.
Check e.g. the merge commits from Thiago:

http://qt.gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt/commit/91e56971

--
Ariya Hidayat, Qt Software, Nokia Devices R&D
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat