RFC: remove qt-copy

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Mon May 25 23:05:56 BST 2009

Olivier Goffart escreveu:
> Le Mandag 25 mai 2009, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
>> Thoughts? Opinions?
>
> It is maybe the time to redefine what's qt-copy^W kde-qt and what's his role.
>
> In an ideal world, everyone should just use the packaged, released Qt, just as
> we use others packaged libraries we depend on.
> The reason we have qt-copy is that Qt is our biggest dependency, and a very
> important one, KDE rely on it. And it was a place for kde developer to
> publish their patches that fixes bugs that appears in KDE, or to submit
> patches from upstream that are really important for the stability of KDE,
> before a release is made.
>
> Anyway, regarding kde-qt:
> What kind of patches should go there?
> What should distributions ship?

That's my number one and only question.
I will not end up picking patches from tree 1 2 and three and suddenly
discover that Suse, Madnriva, Debian, Fedora, Kubuntu and Qt Software
have all different Qt's because was unable to match the
/+kde-developers/ part

Or, in the simple sentence, who will be our Linux tree ??