Tellico has moved to kdereview

Robby Stephenson robby-9lFPeden07UgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Fri May 8 19:31:15 BST 2009

Hi,

I just moved Tellico from KDE playground to the kdereview module. I hope to
get it reviewed and then moved into extragear/office. (I hope I didn't mess
anything up during the move, I still get nervous messing with the svn
structure.)

Tellico is a collections manager, useful for books, movies, music, and a
bunch of other types. I've been developing it since 2001, but just recently
moved it into KDE's svn. It's fully ported to KDE4, with no lingering
qt3support issues.

Up to now, Tellico was licensed under GPL2 only. Hoever, it has been
recently relicensed under GPL2+GPL3+e.v. with the concurrence of everyone
listed in the Copyright notices, to comply with the KDE svn requirements.

Tellico has full documentation, which was also moved into the kdereview/doc
area.

One issue right now is that Tellico doesn't make much use of the new KUIT
style of i18n for gui elements. I've been updating them as I go, but I don't
plan to make that a critical issue right now.

I've run through most of the krazy2 checks, and I'm working on getting a
good .krazy file setup.

The biggest bug right now is that the newstuff implementation doesn't work
quite right because of the updated newstuff2 classes. Since I wanted to get
Tellico settled into its new home in extragear, I decided to work on that as
I go. There's also a warning about a slot connection at start-up, sorry, I
need to clean that up. Other than that, I don't know of any lingering
problems right now.

I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who evaluates Tellico, and of course,
bug reports as you come across issues. I think this starts the 2-week
evaluation period.

Thanks everyone!
Robby