Plasma ScriptEngines and plasmapkg to kdebase/runtime?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu May 7 21:03:03 BST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 1:13:51 pm Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hello...
>
> we have received requests from non-workspace-application developers[1] using
> libplasma to move the ScriptEngines[2] and the plasmapkg[3] utility somewhere
> they can get at them without inheriting a(n unwanted) dependency on kdebase-
> workspace.
>
> since they are not build requirements, kdebase-runtime seems like the natural
> place for them.
>
> any questions / concerns / thoughts / flames / cookies / European swallows[4]?

To summarize, you want to move:
kdebase/workspace/plasma/scriptengines to kdebase/runtime/plasma/scriptengines
kdebase/workspace/plasma/tools/plasmapkg to kdebase/runtime/plasma/tools/plasmapkg

right?

Seems a fine idea to me.
I don't see any obvious dependencies in there to prohibit  such a move.

--
Allen Winter | allen at kdab.net | Software Engineer
KDAB (USA), LLC, a KDAB Group company