RFC v2: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue May 5 19:56:50 BST 2009

On 2009-05-05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> --nextPart1726262.zOFRzrV1nF
>
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> (and I really hope it would be done. To all modules. Dead over big
>> modules. the X people learned it a few years ago)
>
> outside of kdelibs where this is an issue, distros manage to package the=20
> applications individually:
>
> independence:~ # zypper search kmail
> Reading installed packages...
>
> S | Name       | Summary     | Type
>=2D-+------------+-------------+--------
>  | kde4-kmail | Mail Client | package
>
> in any case, that's a discussing for the packaging lst

No. This is not a matter of packaging it. This is a matter of attracting
new small contributions, a matter of making it accessible, ....

I know how to do packaging - and I still don't get paid even though you
seems to claim it from time to time.

$ apt-cache search kmail
..
kmail - KDE Email client
..

I often get asked by people who wants to fix their pet bug in kmail or
kopete or klipper or .... but end up not wanting to do it because they
can't easily just build klipper without building entire
kdebase/workspace.

/Sune