Using reviewboard.kde.org for kde-core-devel?

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Fri Mar 27 06:31:20 GMT 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the KDE PIM team is using Review Board (http://reviewboard.kde.org)
> since some time now and AFAICT it's a great success. Other sub-
> projects
> of KDE also seem to be using it.
>
> Is there any reason why kde-core-devel is not using Review Board? Or
> is
> it just a matter of creating a corresponding group in Review Board and
> starting using it?
>
> I don't want to start a discussion. I was just wonder, seeing all
> those
> patches being sent to kde-core-devel recently.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

I investigated review board last year and while it was nice I ended up
finding more negative things then positive and wouldn't recommend it
to any project if they had the choice.   I wrote up all my notes along
with a comparison of the current other review systems out there.

http://benjamin-meyer.blogspot.com/2008/08/code-review-should-be-free.html

-Benjamin Meyer